What are Premium Intraocular Lenses?
Premium intraocular lenses (IOLs) can be implanted in the eye after removing your cataracts to both restore and improve vision. When the old, clouded natural lens is removed, the new, artificial lens inserted can improve other eyesight problems, including nearsightedness (myopia), farsightedness (hyperopia), age-related farsightedness (presbyopia), and abnormal corneal shape (astigmatism). Advancements in the eye care industry have led to the creation of premium IOLs that offer a wide range of vision benefits, including the ability to reduce or eliminate the need for corrective lenses, like glasses and contacts. At Clewner & Kelly Eye Center, our team offers a plethora of premium IOLs to suit your vision needs, lifestyle, and budget. Contact our Boca Raton, FL practice today to learn your options, and live life with clear vision.
Types of Premium Intraocular Lenses
Our board-certified ophthalmologists at Clewner & Kelly Eye Center can help you select the best premium lenses for your individual needs during your cataract surgery consultation at our Boca Raton, FL center. The premium lenses that we offer include:
- Multifocal IOLs: These lenses are designed to improve your full range of vision and allow for clear focus at close, intermediate, and long distances. Brand options include TECNIS® Multifocal, ReSTOR®, and PanOptix® IOLs. Patients who select these lenses can expect a decrease in astigmatism and a reduced need for glasses or contacts.
- Accommodative IOLs: In a healthy eye, the eye muscles will bend the natural lens to enhance ocular performance at multiple distances in a process called accommodation. This premium IOL mimics this ability, allowing you to see with sharp vision at varying distances.
- Extended Range IOLs: This newer option in premium IOLs has elevated focus ability that allows for clarity in close, middle, and far ranges. They can help treat presbyopia, and our practice offers the options of TECNIS Symfony™ and ALCON Extended Range IOLs.
- Toric IOLs: These lenses are monofocal but can address myopia, hyperopia, presbyopia, and astigmatism. Some patients may need to continue to wear glasses for certain activities if they choose these implants. Our practice offers TECNIS Toric, TECNIS Symfony Toric, and PanOptix Toric Femto.
- Standard IOLs: This is a monofocal basic lens choice that generally allows for focus at distance. Patients who choose these lenses will likely need to wear glasses for most normal activities.
Premium Intraocular Lenses Reviews
Clear Vision After Cataracts
If cataracts have been clouding your vision, premium intraocular lenses can restore and drastically change your eyesight, as well as improve your overall quality of life. If you feel overwhelmed by the sheer number of IOL options available to you, know that our team of expert ophthalmologists is ready to assist you in selecting the best lenses for your individual needs. Schedule a consultation at Clewner & Kelly Eye Center in Boca Raton, FL to learn more about how premium IOLs can save and improve your eyesight.